Melody Beth

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

My weekend

Well I'm not to sure why all my posts are being hidden underneath the other ones...weird huh!?!?!

My weekend in an overview:

Friday:
Didn't really do to much. Worked all day which of course is oh so much fun. Then hung out with Mike for a few hours...that's about it...not much to post there huh?!?!

Saturday:
Was supposed to go to NAMM with Mike, but he wound up having to work so I got to stay home and clean. Which all in all wasn't that bad. Once you get into the groove of things...you can't stop (well at least I can't). So when pretty much the front part of the house was clean...I went ahead and straightened up my room. Then later that night I met up with Mike again and we hung out and watched movies all night...well I did cuz he fell asleep (so I got to watch Finding Nemo...cuz he never wants to watch that :)

Sunday:
NAMM! I was expecting Mike to want to get there early and spend the whole day there. But we got there around 1 in the afternoon (this is at that Anaheim Convention Center not LA) and we have to walk what seems like forever to get to the stupid place. But finally we got there and all I can see all around me is musical instruments. NAMM is when instrument company's come and show off there products. It was actually very cool. I was expecting to be bored and putting on a happy face cuz I didn't wanna look bored. But we looked mostly at the drum stuff (considering Mike is a drummer lol). They had big shot people there (who I had no idea who they were) but Mike was very excited. There was one guy that I did however know...that was Thomas Lang. He is an independent drummer (and an excellent one at that). I had seen a few of his videos while at Mike's house. But all in all that was pretty fun. They had instruments from other countries that was pretty interesting. Mike was hoping to find something there (A snare drum I believe) but didn't wind up finding it! So after spending about an hour and a half there...we went to a place called Sam Ash (A music store for those who don't know) where he bought an electric drum set (he has a normal drum set, but because he lives in an apartment he can't play them really so he has to go to the studio all the time). Now I don't know how much drum sets cost really, but from what I have seen at other stores they run from 1,000-9,000...Mike got his for under 900 which was really good.

Then there was the power outage but both Marisa and Kathy blogged about that...so there is no need for me to recap that!!

Love you guys!

1 Comments:

  • So it is probably North American Music M* something. It sounds dreadful, but I am glad you had a good time and that it was kept mercifully short.

    I actually had someone say to me recently, after learning that I grew up in Detroit, that I must have gone to all of the auto shows. They obviously don't know that these shows cost money, the auto show this year was about $75. And they could not have known that I wouldn't go to an auto show if someone paid me.

    By Blogger EZ Travel, at 4:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home