Melody Beth

Thursday, May 24, 2007

Well even though my mom posted a comment about the doctor's I will tell you guys everything else.

Went to the doctor's today and I am pretty sure that my mucus plug or whatever came out, because it looked just like it said it would in the book. When I actually saw the doctor she did an exam and told me that I am about 2 centimeters dilated, and that everything is thinning out great. She said that she would put the baby about about 7 lbs 1 ounce and that I should have an easy labor. But she probably tells that to everyone lol. She also said that I should probably be delivering this weekend sometime. But also made an appointment for me next week just in case I don't. They hooked me up to the monitor's to do a non-stress test and everything looked really good. She was sleeping for the first half but then I would poke my side and she would poke me back in the same spot, it was pretty funny. Jon kept yelling at me, but it woke her up and made her more active.

That's about all the new news I have. Went out and about yesterday in hopes it would send me into labor but no such luck. We went mini golfing and had a little bbq at my friend Chels's house. Then went out to a local bar for wing night (they half 10 cent chicken wings), and then to another local bar for karoke night.

Well love you all and will post again when there is something to post.

3 Comments:

  • For those of you, not on Gretchen's call list, she called at 12:45 am Eastern time to report Mel was on her way to the hospital with contractions about 3 minutes apart. And that she (Gretchen) and probably many others, were on the way to NY.

    By Blogger Adrienne, at 11:45 PM  

  • I gave birth five times and never saw a mucus plug. Never even heard of it until lamaze classes with Adrienne.

    By Blogger paulette, at 7:43 AM  

  • For LM

    1. My mother taught me TO APPRECIATE A JOB WELL DONE
    "If you're going to kill each other, do it outside. I just finished cleaning."

    2. My mother taught me RELIGION.
    "You better pray that will come out of the carpet."

    3. My mother taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
    "If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!"

    4. My mother taught me LOGIC.
    " Because I said so, that's why."

    5. My mother taught me MORE LOGIC
    "If you fall out of that swing and break your neck, you're not going to the store with me."

    6. My mother taught me FORESIGHT.
    "Make sure you wear clean underwear, in case you're in an accident."

    7. My mother taught me IRONY
    "Keep crying, and I'll give you something to cry about."

    8. My mother taught me about the science of OSMOSIS.
    "Shut your mouth and eat your supper."

    9. My mot her taught me about CONTORTIONISM.
    "Will you look at that dirt on the back of your neck!"

    10 My mother taught me about STAMINA.
    "You'll sit there until all that spinach is gone."

    11. My mother taught me about WEATHER.
    "This room of yours looks as if a tornado went through it."

    12. My mother taught me about HYPOCRISY.
    "If I told you once, I've told you a million times. Don't exaggerate!"

    13. My mother taught me the CIRCLE OF LIFE.
    "I brought you into this world, and I can take you out."

    14. My mother taught me about BEHAVIOR MODIFICATION.
    "Stop acting like your father!"

    15. My mother taught me about ENVY.
    "There are millions of less fortunate children in this world who don't have wonderful parents like you do."

    16. My mother taught me about ANTICIPATION.
    "Just wait until we get home."

    17. My mother taught me about RECEIVING.
    "You are going to get it when you get home!"

    18. My mother taught me MEDICAL SCIENCE.
    "If you don't stop crossing your eyes, they are going to freeze that way."

    19. My mother taught me ESP.
    "Put your sweater on; don't you think I know when you are cold?"

    20. My mother taught me HUMOR.
    "When that lawn mower cuts off your toes, don't come running to me."

    21. My mother taught me HOW TO BECOME AN ADULT.
    "If you don't eat your vegetables, you'll never grow up."

    22. My mother taught me GENETICS.
    "You're just like your father."

    23. My mother taught me about my ROOTS.
    "Shut that door behind you. Do you think you were born in a barn?"

    24. My mother taught me WISDOM.
    "When you get to be my age, you'll understand."

    25. And my favorite: My mother taught me about JUSTICE
    "One day you'll have kids, and I hope they turn out just like you!"

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home